Friday, March 20, 2015

Quinoa Salad

My love for salads is in constant growth.

No matter what season we are in, I always find comfort in a nice salad. Warm during the cold or rainy days, cold during the hot and sunny days, it's just my definition of the perfect meal. And one of the best advantages is the fact that your imagination has barely any limit. You can throw in whatever you have in the fridge, or whatever you feel like eating. No matter what, there is always a way to eat a salad. Even when you left for a ten days trip and came back to an empty fridge.

Proof is my dinner : mix together some quinoa, frozen corn, red kidney beans -found in the pantry, and avocado -my only purchase at my return. Toss the whole thing with a delicious dressing and here you are !



I use the following dressing a lot, with a few changes here and there depending on the menu. Originally, it's a dressing for a potato salad. But, let's be honest, its use is pretty much unlimited.

Dressing
1 shallot, chopped and slightly cooked (optional)
3 garlic cloves, chopped and slightly cooked (or mashed)
2 teaspoons chopped capers
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I use half Original, half Old style)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or any kind of vinegar)
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil

Salads are such an easy and diversified meal that I have a hard time to think I'll ever get tired of it. Unlike other meals, salads are always different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts ?